First Prenatal Appointment
As soon as you confirm your pregnancy, it is important to schedule an appointment with your doctor for a physical examination. Your first visit would be the longest visit during your pregnancy.
What would I discuss with my practitioner?
During your first prenatal appointment, your doctor would discuss the following with you:
- Your due date
- Your lifestyle: Avoid dangerous exercises and raw meat as well as fish and pets.
- He will advice you concerning your travels, work, diet and weight gain.
- He will give you a list of prenatal vitamins and supplements that you should take them during your pregnancy.
- Types of tests that he suggests to do during your pregnancy as blood test, urine test, ultrasound, sugar level and amniocentesis if necessary
- When to call him and what is an emergency.
- What are the symptoms that you will experience during your first trimester and how to ease them.
- Your next prenatal appointment.
Always keep a list of questions on a piece of paper to ask your doctor about. It is important to have your partner with you during the prenatal visit.