How long does it take a couple to conceive
One of the most important questions that couples ask is “When to get pregnant?”. In general, the couple will conceive naturally in 50% of times after 4 to 5 months and 85% will conceive after 9 months. These statistics are only averages. Some couples might take more than 2 years but it does not mean that they are having a fertility problems. They might conceive the following year if they keep trying.
There are lots of factors that affect fertility:
- The couple’s age. The older the couple is the lower the chances are.
- The lifestyle of the couple: smoking, heavy drinking or usage of drugs can affect the sperm count. If it is below 20 million/cc the chances are low.
- The history of medical diseases.
- The timing of sex: the regularity of the intercourses increases the chances of getting pregnant.
- Abnormality in the reproductive system which causes major problems as damaged fallopian tubes, uterine problems, etc.
If the couple is healthy and has no serious issues, you can consult the practitioner after a year of regular and non protected sex. Simply take your life easily and enjoy your life together. It is the best way to improve your chances of getting pregnant.