Leaving Your Kids with Their Father at Home
With the daily stress of both parents working full-time, children are spending less time with them, particularly with their father. When women are at home, they take on the roles of caregiver and lover, while men serve as supportive partners. Sharing, being involved, and assisting with childcare are all new obligations for any man. Dads want to be engaged in their children's lives, even if they don't show it. They want to create a relationship with their children. There are several ways to approach and start this relation. The most usual scenario is when moms leave their children with their father to go shopping, work, or visit friends.
In general, women feel uncomfortable when they leave their children, at home, alone with their father. This feeling is fostered by how much the father is involved in taking care of the kids and assisting in chores on a regular basis. Here are some ideas for a great day to spend at home with your kids
- Turn off the television, DVD player, or any other video game. Use this time to chat and play together
- Sit on the floor and keep your head up to their level. Sit on the floor and p lay with their toys.
- Put your computer and cell phone away. Do not be distracted by work-related matters.
- Plan for a simple meal or order a pizza to split.
- Be yourself. Don't try to mimic your partner. It is critical that your youngster learns about your personality.
- Read their favorite story and talk about their favorite section.
- Don't freak out. Your youngster will sense your anxiety and may feel insecure. If you can't find a toy, blanket, or the drinking cup, ask them. They'll show you the way!
If your child is still a baby, sing and hold them in your arms, gently chat with them. Seize the opportunity to bond with your child. You can give the bottle till your partner returns. The baby will sense your affection and appreciate being in your arms.
There are no guidelines for how to spend time with your children. Take care of them, help them feel important, and have a fantastic experience with them. This will build amazing memories with your kids which they will treasure for the rest of their lives. A little focus and involvement can make a huge impact.